vOneCloud leverages the functionality of OpenNebula. The following features come preconfigured and can be used out-of-the-box with vOneCloud:
- Cloud User Interfaces
- Simple, clean, intuitive portals for cloud consumers and Virtual Datacenter (VDC) administrators.
- Cloud Admin Interfaces
- SunStone Portal for administrators and advanced users
- Powerful CLI that resembles typical UNIX commands applications
- Import Existing Resources
- Import existing vCenter VM Templates
- Import existing vCenter Networks and Distributed vSwitches
- Import existing running Virtual Machines
- On-demand Provision of Virtual Data Centers
- Dynamic creation of Virtual Data Centers (VDCs) as fully-isolated virtual infrastructure environments where a group of users, under the control of the group administrator, can create and manage compute capacity
- Placement of VDCs to multiple vCenters
- Resource Pool Confinment, restrict vOneCloud users to a subset of hardware specified by a Resource Pool
- Hybrid Cloud
- Cloud-bursting of VMs to public clouds
- Fast Provisioning
- Automatic provision of Virtual Machines and Services (Multi-VM applications) from a Template catalog
- VM Template cloning and editing capabilities to maintain Template catalog
- Automatic execution and scaling of multi-tiered applications
- Contextualization capabilities, including the ability to run any script at VM boot time
- Security and Resource Consumption Control
- Resource Quota Management to track and limit computing resource utilization
- Fine-grained accounting and monitoring
- Complete isolated VDCs and organizations
- Fine-grained ACLs and user quotas
- VM capacity resizing (CPU and Memory)
- Powerful user, group and role management
- vCenter Network and Distributed vSwitch support
- Attach/detach network interfaces funcionality
- Capacity (CPU and MEMORY) resizing
- Showback functionality to report resource usage cost
- VNC connection to VMs, including the ability to set keymap
- Enterprise Datacenter Component Integration Capabilities
- Integration with user management services like Active Directory and LDAP.
- HTTP Proxy support
- Reliability, Efficiency and Massive Scalability
- Profit from years of testing and production use
- Be sure that your Cloud Mangement Platform will be up to the task
vOneCloud additionally brings new configuration and upgrade tools:
- Appliance and Services Configuration
- Control Console for vOneCloud appliance configuration
- Control Panel (Web UI) for vOneCloud services configuration and debugging
- Smooth Upgrade Process
- Automatic upgrade process and notifications through the Control Panel available for users with an active support subscription
If you feel that there is a particular feature interesting for the general public, feel free to add a feature request in Community - Feature Request section of the vOneCloud Support Portal.
vOneCloud can leverage all the functionality that OpenNebula delivers, but some of it needs additional configuration steps:
- Centralized Management of Multiple Zones. Federate different datacenters by joining several vOneCloud instances.
- Community Virtual Appliance Marketplace. Create your own marketplace or benefit from community contributions with an online catalog of ready-to-run virtual appliances.
- Broad Commodity and Enterprise Platform Support. Underlying OpenNebula software features an amazingly flexible and plugin oriented architecture that eases the integration with existing datacenter components. Do no reinvent your datacenter, evolve it!
- Virtual & Physical Infrastructure Control. Manage all aspects of your physical (hypervisors, storage backends, etc) & virtualized (VM lifecycle, VM images, virtual networks, etc) from a centralized web interface (Sunstone).
Although the configuration is tailored for vCenter infrastructures, all the power of OpenNebula is contained in vOneCloud and it can be unleashed!